Theobromine is associated with
- Increases in energy
- Potential to shield heart health and airways
- Cognition support (mental focus)
- Improved sleep quality due to it not being so intense on our central nervous system (CNS)
- Assistance in lowering blood pressure by widening the blood vessels and stimulating urination (diuretic)
- Enhanced lung function (circulation)
One of the most important distinctions between caffeine and theobromine is that theobromine acts as a vasodilator instead of a vasoconstrictor, like caffeine. This makes theobromine a great stimulant to consume as a pre-workout supplement for better blood flow and muscle pumps. However, it might not give you as much of a mental jolt and perceived energy boost as caffeine.
How to consume
To take advantage of the anti-fatigue and performance properties of Theobromine, it is best taken first thing in the morning or 15 - 30 minutes before exercise.
Pre-workout and fat-loss supplements containing Theobromine should be taken with water before exercise. We recommend a dose of 100 - 250mg per serve.
Even though Theobromine is fine in slightly higher doses, we do not recommend it.
Theobromine starts working as soon as it enters the bloodstream, which is typically 15 - 30 minutes after consumption. Users can expect to experience an increase in mental alertness, concentration, and mental focus within this timeframe.