Fenugreek is a herb similar to clover that is native to the Mediterranean region, southern Europe, and western Asia. The seeds are used in cooking, to make medicine, or to hide the taste of other medicine. Fenugreek seeds smell and taste somewhat like maple syrup.
Fenugreek is taken by mouth for digestive problems such as loss of appetite, upset stomach, constipation and inflammation of the stomach (gastritis). Fenugreek is also used for
- Painful menstruation
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Hardening of the arteries (atherosclerosis)
- High blood levels of certain fats including cholesterol and triglycerides
- Kidney ailments
- Vitamin deficiency disease called beriberi
- Mouth ulcers
- Infection of the tissues beneath the surface of the skin (cellulitis)
- Chronic coughs
- Chapped lips
- Parkinson's disease
- Exercise performance.
One of the most important health benefits of fenugreek, and the reason we use it, is its ability to support testosterone formation, maintain healthy testosterone levels and support healthy sexual function.
Join our mailing list
Subscribe to receive the latest articles and promotions, straight to your inbox.